Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <st...@reumann.net> on 2004/02/24 05:46:24 UTC

Re: [Newbie] Is it worth subclassing your own Action and ActionForm classes to attain code re-use?

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 23:40, Mark Jones wrote:

> In what circumstances might you want to subclass your own Action class and,
> if you did, how would you handle/inherit the form data? Would you just use
> different subclasses of your Action but just one ActionForm for each Action?

Did you look at all at the e-mail that I sent you, and Robert Taylor
sent, in reference to this same question on the other list you posted
to?

--
Rick

Re: [Newbie] Is it worth subclassing your own Action and ActionForm classes to attain code re-use?

Posted by Oswald Campesato <oc...@yahoo.com>.
Hello, Rick:

I'm joining this out-of-context, so apologies if it's been discussed.

Some time ago I extended ActionServlet in order to collect some
timing-related results and then generated an XML file to which I
applied an XSL stylesheet in order to generate an SVG-based
bar chart.

Then I was hit with a virus on my PC (long story), and lost the
code after reformatting my hard drive:(  Anyway, it wasn't rocket
science, and when I have time I'll rewrite the code.....

Cordially,

Oswald