Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Lukasz Lech <l....@ringler.ch> on 2019/08/02 09:26:49 UTC

Overriding configs provided in features

Hello,

My features require a lot of configuration files, and slowly it's going to be a burden.

I'd like to utilize <config/> section of feature descriptor, but I have questions for which I can't find answers.

How to change / override that configs for local development environment? I've tried once using this configs, but they were not copied into karaf/etc directory, and the productive values are not appropriate for development (they use environment variables, which would force local developers to define hundreds of environment variables in start scripts, instead of just copying a bunch of config files from shared folder).

Is this possible to override configs provided by features with local files? Is this a defined behavior, what has precedence, the config from the feature descriptor of from the karaf/etc directory?

Best regards,
Lukasz Lech