Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matthias Dorfner <po...@matthias-dorfner.de> on 2008/09/28 22:07:55 UTC

maven archetype

Sorry for that maybe stupid question, but I didn’t find an answer consulting the maven website and google.

I created an archetype quickstart skeleton, as well as a dedicated site skeleton with the archetype plugin (with the goals create and generate).

What I’m looking for is a skeleton that combines both. So I can put my already existing java files in the src/java folder, configure my site templates, apt, faq files etc. within the src/site folder and use the site plugin to generate a customized project page with javadoc, project reports information… for my source code.

How can I set this up easily?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Matthias

AW: maven archetype

Posted by Matthias Dorfner <po...@matthias-dorfner.de>.
Thx you, or is there a possibility by using this command to integrate source/projects report information?

Mvn archetype:create -DarchetpeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes \
                     -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-site \
                     -DgroupId=com.mycompany \
                     -DartifactId=my-site

It creates a dedicated site project where I can customize the layout and the html output stuff. How can I integrate my java sources and reports (e.g. from checkstyle, pmd, xref...) to this site?

Regards,
Matthias

The only thing I can come up with it's to add each file as a resource on the
archetpe.xml of your archetype (wich is a real pain). Or you could try the
mvn archetype:create-from-project, it'll generate an archetype from your
current project (though, I haven't used it for that kind configuration)

hope it helps...
My regards...

Re: maven archetype

Posted by Thor <me...@gmail.com>.