Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by johnxmas <jo...@free.fr> on 2006/03/14 16:58:02 UTC

JNDI Question

Hi List,

I have a Resource Adapter (both inbound and outbound) and an
MDB. When the MBD is called, it tries to use the oubound part of the RA, looking up
for the ConnectionFactory, the InteractionSpec and the ConnectionSpec (the two laters
having been deployead as admin objects)

My questions:

a) how are the jndi-names of this three objects declared in geronimo-ra.xml

b) must my MDB have a resource-ref entry on these objects ?

Thanks

Jean-Noël

Re: JNDI Question

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Mar 14, 2006, at 7:58 AM, johnxmas wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I have a Resource Adapter (both inbound and outbound) and an
> MDB. When the MBD is called, it tries to use the oubound part of
> the RA, looking up
> for the ConnectionFactory, the InteractionSpec and the
> ConnectionSpec (the two laters
> having been deployead as admin objects)
>
> My questions:
>
> a) how are the jndi-names of this three objects declared in
> geronimo-ra.xml

We don't have global jndi context, so the jndi names you can use are
really determined by the ejb-jar.xml + openejb-jar.xml.  The name you
specify in the geronimo-ra.xml for the admin object also has
something to do with it :-)

> b) must my MDB have a resource-ref entry on these objects ?

It needs a resource-ref for the connection factory and a resource-env-
ref for each of the InteractionSpec and ConnectionSpecs.  We've added
a resource-env-link element that may be helpful to shorten the
openejb-jar.xml entry you will need, but I think it only works within
an ear, so you may well have to specify the target admin object fully.

AFAIK no one has tried using admin objects for anything but jms
destinations before.  I think that when you look up an admin object
in jndi you get a proxy to the actual object: this may cause problems
with your objects.  Please let us know what happens, we may need to
make some changes in exactly what we are returning.

thanks
david jencks