Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk> on 2017/11/17 07:11:19 UTC

Snort enrichment issue

Hi all, I am starting it again. Last one got a bit messy

Ok, Now I have started everything again from scratch (redeployed single
node based ambari metron cluster with ansibleSkipTags = 'quick-dev') and
now when I execute this command:

shuf -n 10 snort.out | sed -e "s/[^,]\+ ,/`date
+'%m\/%d\/%y-%H:%M:%S'`.000000 ,/g" |
/usr/hdp/current/kafka-broker/bin/kafka-console-producer.sh
--broker-list node1:6667 --topic snort

(format of ths command was taken from: https://github.com/
apache/metron/blob/master/metron-deployment/roles/
sensor-stubs/templates/start-snort-stub)

I get this under enrichment storm topology :

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]

I have come this far, please help me push these dummy preformatted snort
logs into kibana dashboard.

Regards.

Re: Snort enrichment issue

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
Try "sudo su metron", then execute.

That file should have been loaded as part of enrichment topology start. A
file gets written to the local file system after completing the load to
indicate that it finished successfully from Ambari
- /usr/metron/0.4.2/config/metron_enrichment_geo_configured

Re: Snort enrichment issue

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.

Re: Snort enrichment issue

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.

Re: Snort enrichment issue

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.

Re: Snort enrichment issue

Posted by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>.
Did you setup and load the geo enrichment database? https://metron.apache.org/current-book/metron-platform/metron-data-management/index.html#GeoLite2_Loader <https://metron.apache.org/current-book/metron-platform/metron-data-management/index.html#GeoLite2_Loader>

Re: Snort enrichment issue

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.
This is the actual error (from the error port logs)

[image: Inline image 1]

And this is the file its talking about

[image: Inline image 2]

Isnt it already in gzip format?