Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sachit Murarka <co...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/21 09:39:53 UTC

Query on entrypoint.sh Kubernetes spark

Hi All,

To run spark on kubernetes . I see following lines in entrypoint.sh script
available

case "$1" in
  driver)
    shift 1
    CMD=(
      "$SPARK_HOME/bin/spark-submit"
      --conf "spark.driver.bindAddress=$SPARK_DRIVER_BIND_ADDRESS"
      --deploy-mode client

Could you pls suggest Why deploy-mode client is mentioned in entrypoint.sh ?
I am running spark submit using deploy mode cluster but inside
entrypoint.sh which it is mentioned like that.

Kind Regards,
Sachit Murarka

Re: Query on entrypoint.sh Kubernetes spark

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi,

I'm a beginner in Spark on Kubernetes so bear with me and watch out for
possible mistakes :)

The key to understand entrypoint.sh and -deploy-mode client is to think
about the environment where the script is executed in. That's k8s already
where the Docker image is brought to life as a container of a driver pod.
There's no point using cluster deploy mode...ever. Makes sense?

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://about.me/JacekLaskowski