Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Lee <ml...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/02 22:52:05 UTC

bean:define for value in properties file

I have a value in my ApplicationResources.properties called
page.title=Customer Information
I want to have this value available in the page context. I would like to use a struts tag to do so. If not, I have to use a scriptlet (which I try to avoid).
here is what I'd like to do
<bean:define id="pageTitle" value="page.title"/>
any ideas?
thanks,
Mike

Re: bean:define for value in properties file

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
I don't think it can be done with Struts tags in 1.0.2, but if you're able to
use JSTL (requires JSP 1.2):

<c:set var="pageTitle">
  <bean:message key="page.title"/>
</c:set>

--
Kris Schneider <ma...@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>

Re: bean:define for value in properties file

Posted by Michael Lee <ml...@hotmail.com>.
Is there a way in 1.0.2?
thanks,
Mike