Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ssiegl <st...@iwes.fraunhofer.de> on 2014/05/22 08:45:19 UTC

Maven custom archetype replace property

Hello,

i want to create a custom archetype. One property (groupid) should be
manipulated during the creation. I want that the entered groupId for the new
project in the from xxx.yyy.zzz be changed to xxx-yyy-zzz an added in the
resulting pom.

I someone enter following command:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=Darchetype.GroupId
-DarchetypeArtifactId=archetype.ArtifactId
-DarchetypeVersion=0.0.1-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=xxx.yyy.zzz
-DartifactId=aaa-bbb

The resulting pom should look like (as normal)
	<groupId>${groupId}</groupId>
	<artifactId>${artifactId}</artifactId>
	<version>${version}</version>
	<scm>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:http://myserver.com/${groupIdManipulated}/trunk${artifactId}</developerConnection>
	</scm>

Is this possible? I have tried the gmaven-plugin, but this only manipulated
the groupId of the archtype. But i want to manipulate the groupId for the
new project when using this archetype.

<execution>
  <phase>initialize</phase>
  <goals>
    <goal>execute</goal>
  </goals>
  <configuration>
   <source>
    project.properties["groupIdManipulated"] =
"${project.groupId}".replace('.', '-')
   </source>
  </configuration>
</execution>