Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Tilman Ginzel <ti...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/15 20:15:55 UTC

How to reference customized projects in pom.xml files?

Hey guys,

I am a computer science student from Germany and I am working with
James for a couple of weeks now for a project.

My goal is to implement some code at the point where a user selects a
mail-folder via any IMAP mail-client.
With some logging I was able to find all relevant subprojects and
classes I need to work with (at least I think so).
I found out that these two classes are quiet important for that (among others):
- org.apache.james.imap.processor.AbstractSelectionProcessor;
- org.apache.james.mailbox.store.StoreMailboxManager;

I checked out the following projects from the apache james repos:
james-server
james-protocols
james-mailbox

I imported the maven projects into Eclipse and I am able to build all
projects separately.
Now my problem: I am not able to correctly manipulate the dependencies
in the pom.xml files to reference my local customized projects.
I found 58 pom.xml files in these three projects (with all
subprojects) and it is not really useful to simply trial and error
tutorials I found on the web.

It would be great if I simply could build james-server and it would
automatically build my custom james-protocols and james-mailbox
projects. Unfortunatetly maven is quiet new for me and James is a
fairly huge project with many dependencies.

I hope my question is understandable and it would be great if you
could give me some hints.
If you need more information, I will try to explain the problem with
more details.

Thanks in advance!
Tilman

Re: How to reference customized projects in pom.xml files?

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Did you find your way in the james pom(s)?