Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Am...@ril.com on 2002/11/23 11:57:09 UTC

OT :Please help java script menus interfering with form elements

hello all,
 i know this is off topic,please help me out,i am using a ready made
javascript drop down menu that is available from a site.
and it is scrolling down vertically ( like the one on the Rational Rose
Site)
i have form elements on a page and i have a problem that the drop down menu
goes behind the form elements especially
combo boxes and is not visible,
has some one faced this problem earlier,please help me out on this .....

regards,
amit

RE: OT :Please help java script menus interfering with form elements

Posted by Chad Shryock <g3...@cementjob.com>.
The newer versions of the browsers (NS 6+, IE 6+) have the problem fixed.
Have you tried using http://www.milonic.co.uk/menu/ I used it with forms and
it worked in the browsers above, it didn't work in NS 4.79.

Chad.

well, may be it seems to be unreal but THERE IS NO ANY SOLUTION to avoid
such an effect like overlap of <select..> components over <div...> content
'coz of windowed nature of <select..> realization
So.. if u realy need to solve the problem u need to override your own
<select > or whatever else.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: OT :Please help java script menus interfering with form elements

Posted by Hari <ha...@itwinetech.com>.
Check out the link http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/

Coolmenus available in this link takes care of your problem. It hides the
combo boxes when menu rolls down.