Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jens Hohl <ho...@ibidem.de> on 2007/06/11 11:16:53 UTC

Source generated by XDoclet not found only on Linux

Hello,

i have a curious problem that Stop our Build Process on a Linux
maschine.

So far I can tell that before XDoclet was running well on that maschine.

As the project grows something broken an I am unable to figure out that
wrong there:

            <plugin>

                  <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>

                  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

                  <executions>

                        <execution>

                             <id>xdoclet</id>

                             <phase>generate-sources</phase>

                             <goals>

                                   <goal>xdoclet</goal>

                             </goals>

                        </execution>

                  </executions>

                  <configuration>

                        <tasks>

                             <ejbdoclet
destDir="${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet"

excludedTags="@author,@version"

                                               ejbSpec="2.1">

                                   <fileset
dir="${project.build.sourceDirectory}">

                                         <include name="**/*Bean.java"/>

                                         <include name="**/*EJB*.java"/>

                                         <include name="**/*MDB.java"/>

                                   </fileset>

                                   <homeinterface
destDir="${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet"/>

                                   <remoteinterface
destDir="${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet"/>

                                   <!--<localhomeinterface
destDir="${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet"/>-->

                                   <deploymentdescriptor
destDir="${project.build.outputDirectory}/META-INF" useIDs="true"/>

                             </ejbdoclet>

                        </tasks>

                  </configuration>

                  <dependencies> <!-- Diese abhaengigkeit ist wichtig,
Das hat mich sehr viele nerven gekostet diese herauszufinden-->

                        <dependency>

                             <groupId>ant</groupId>

                             <artifactId>ant</artifactId>

                             <version>1.6.5</version>

                        </dependency>

                  </dependencies>

            </plugin>

XDoclet generates the Sources under target/generated-sources. So far so
good.

But the source will not be used to compile and install in an EJB under
Linux.

This results later that some Webclient will get an Compilation Error.

The same works well under my Windows development maschine. Actually I
have same POM files

On both maschines and same Sourcecode.

What im doing wrong ?

Please help me!

- jens

Re: Source generated by XDoclet not found only on Linux

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You haven't specified the version for xdoclet-maven-plugin that I can
see. You must do this.

Additionally, are you sure the JDK versions are the same on both
machines? This can certainly make a difference.

Finally, try mvn -U on both machines to make sure all your plugins and
dependencies etc are up to date. You might try mvn -X (after the -U)
and compare the artifact versions that Maven is using.

Wayne