Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by G....@Bradford.ac.uk on 2002/09/01 00:24:02 UTC

Xindince Data & servlet interaction.

I have finally managed to get the AddressBook example working (thanks Gary and
Andy), but "where" is the data stored? I believe that it makes a connection to
the db.com server. How would I set this to store data to local machine.

Another question I have is how would I "integrate" this with Apache-Tomcat,
because that would effectively allow Servlets to interact with the database.
I have seen that the AddressBook example uses JSPs, is there a special
directory structure to go with this in Xindice (like the Tomcat webapps-->WEB-
INF-->classes)?

Gul

This mail sent through IMP: webmail.brad.ac.uk

Re: Xindince Data & servlet interaction.

Posted by Michael Piek <mi...@gmx.ch>.
Try to run the Addressbook from Tomcat. You can then access with:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/Addressbook
See the Readme in the Xindice-Folder  (../java/examples/Addressbook)
for more detail.

Mike

Am Sonntag den, 1. September 2002, um 14:57, schrieb
G.Akbar@Bradford.ac.uk:

> There isnt a folder/file at /db/addressbook/addressbook.tbl. I
> understand the
> problem im having; I am running the AddressBook example from the
> xmldb.com
> server. So now, my questions are, how would I set up the example on
> Local
> machine, and what should the URL be to access this?
> (http://localhost:4080/db/AddressBook - this doesnt work)
>
> Thanks
> Gul
>
> Quoting Michael Piek <mi...@gmx.ch>:
>
>> The Data is stored in the xindice-directory in
>> /db/addressbook/addressbook.tbl
>>
>> There it is, but how can we get a native XML Database out of this File?
>>
>> like addressbook.xml???
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> Am Sonntag den, 1. September 2002, um 00:24, schrieb
>> G.Akbar@Bradford.ac.uk:
>>
>>> I have finally managed to get the AddressBook example working (thanks
>>
>>> Gary and
>>> Andy), but "where" is the data stored? I believe that it makes a
>>> connection to
>>> the db.com server. How would I set this to store data to local
>> machine.
>>>
>>> Another question I have is how would I "integrate" this with
>>> Apache-Tomcat,
>>> because that would effectively allow Servlets to interact with the
>>> database.
>>> I have seen that the AddressBook example uses JSPs, is there a
>> special
>>> directory structure to go with this in Xindice (like the Tomcat
>>> webapps-->WEB-
>>> INF-->classes)?
>>>
>>> Gul

>>> This mail sent through IMP: webmail.brad.ac.uk

> This mail sent through IMP: webmail.brad.ac.uk

Michael Piek-Weilenmann
Rainstrasse 26
3185 Schmitten

privat	0041-(0)26496 44 16
job		0041-(0)31384 33 00

Re: Xindince Data & servlet interaction.

Posted by G....@Bradford.ac.uk.

Posted by Michael Piek <mi...@gmx.ch>.