Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by an...@oc384.net on 2011/09/20 01:14:33 UTC

Invalid header encountered

I keep seeing this and then I get odd behavior from Thunderbird
communicating with James via IMAP. For example, I empty the trash folder
but msgs come back.  I click on folders with some unread messages and
the unread message counter jumps around.

WARN  18:04:10,743 | org.apache.james.mime4j.parser.MimeEntity | Invalid
header encountered
WARN  18:04:10,743 | org.apache.james.mime4j.parser.MimeEntity | Body
part ended prematurely. Boundary detected in header or EOF reached.
WARN  18:04:10,747 | org.apache.james.mime4j.parser.MimeEntity |
Unexpected end of headers detected. Higher level boundary detected or
EOF reached.

-Andrew

Re: Invalid header encountered

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
The Exception you are seeing is because of mime4j which fails to parse
some headers. This is nothing to worry about and should not get logged
with WARN.

About the other problem I would like to ask you to provide a wireshark dump.

Bye,
Norman