Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net> on 2001/03/13 00:33:46 UTC

Re: CVS update: subversion/subversion/tests/libsvn_wc commit-test.c

Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
> >     (apply_textdelta, window_handler):  return a no-op handler for
> >     proper delta composition.
> >    static svn_error_t *
> >   +window_handler (svn_txdelta_window_t *window, void *handler_pair)
> >   +{
> >   +  /* No-op, but required for proper editor composition. */
> >   +  return SVN_NO_ERROR;
> >   +}
>
> Doesn't this imply that the default editor is broken? Shouldn't we be able
> to compose as many default editors as we'd like, without worry?

I think it was this situation:

The default editor's apply_textdelta does return a window_handler.
The problem was that Ben has implemented his own apply_textdelta, so
he's not getting the default -- therefore, he has to supply a
window_handler, even if he doesn't plan to do anything with it.

If he weren't implementing apply_textdelta at all, then he wouldn't
have to supply the window_handler either.

-K