Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Narendra Verma <na...@impetus.co.in> on 2008/12/30 14:19:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Add new instance in apache load balancer at runtime.

Hi experts;
A new instance can be added in apache load balancer by following configuration:

<VirtualHost _default_:801>
        ServerName impetus-887.impetus.co.in:801
    <Proxy balancer://medyaCluster>
        BalancerMember ajp://192.168.98.62:11009 route=tomcat2 loadfactor=1
        BalancerMember ajp://192.168.96.181:12009 route=tomcat1 loadfactor=1
        BalancerMember ajp://192.168.96.181:12008 route=tomcat3 loadfactor=1
    </Proxy>
    <Location /TestProject>
        ProxyPass balancer://medyaCluster/TestProject  lbmethod=byrequests stickysession=JSESSIONID
    </Location>
 </VirtualHost>

If I want to add new instance then I will put one more configuration like in blue color, will stop apache and again start it for making tomat3 as member of load balancing.

Is there any option in apache where I can add new instance at runtime. (Apache must not be bounced for making a new instance as a member of load balancing)

Thanks,
Narendra
Impetus, Indore

Impetus is the winner of the Economic Times Intel Smart Workplace Awards 2008 and the CNBC emerging India 2008. Visit www.impetus.com for details.