Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@ispol.com> on 2005/12/28 19:30:34 UTC

3.2.6b

I hope everyone's having a merry Christmas or whatever other holidays
you're celebrating :-)

I haven't been following the list very closely lately, but it looks like
last time 3.2.6b was brought up a bunch of bugs came out of the woodwork.

Does it look like we're near being ready to roll 3.2.6b now?

Grisha

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@ispol.com>.
Even though it seems like a small change, I'm leaning more towards leaving
everything as is, especially if we have enough concensus that 3.2.6 will
be final, not beta. Then we should try to roll-out a 3.3.0 alpha (or
whatever) as soon as possible, and this is where people would begin to
test the new things.

Does that make sense?

Grisha

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by Nick <ni...@dd.revealed.net>.
IMO there will always be bugs, and I think you've all nailed the show
stoppers.  Otherwise you'll never get out of beta.

Nick

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.
Howdy gang.

I got distracted by some other stuff for a while there and didn't push
the 3.2.6 forward. So much for the master plan of releasing 3.2 before
the end of 2005. :(

There is quite a bit of mail to catch up on, but a quick perusal
indicates that the only outstanding issue that should be included in 3.2
is http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-106.

If this is correct I'll commit Graham's patch tonight and roll the
3.2.6b tarball. Let's try and get 3.2 final out asap.

Jim

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Jim Gallacher wrote:
>
>> So are we happy with the state of svn trunk right now? If so I'll roll
>> the tarball for 3.2.6b.
>

> Does anyone here have any opinion on whether this release should be
> marked as "beta"?
>
> I personally don't know enough to comment, so I'd release it as beta
> just to be safe. But if anyone here thinks that that's a waste of our
> collective "bandwidth" and we should just release it as a stable release
> - let's hear it :-)
>
> Grisha

I'm inclined to going right to a 3.2.6 release. It's not like the code
is completely untested - we've had 6 betas already with the first one
released in August. The difference between 3.2.5 and 3.2.6 is small,
with just a couple of fixes for segfaults that are were not new bugs in
3.2. The behaviour for handling iterables in publisher was also reverted
to the way it was done in 3.1.4.

Let's be bold and release it as 3.2.6 final, and then talk about ways to
speed up the release cycle for bug fixes and new versions.

Jim

For you reference:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-96
Accessing req.boundary causes crash.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-97
mod_python.publisher iterables and content_type broken

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-99
accessing some request or server object members causes a segfault

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by Graham Dumpleton <gr...@dscpl.com.au>.

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Grisha,

Re: 3.2.6b

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> I hope everyone's having a merry Christmas or whatever other holidays
> you're celebrating :-)

Oh yes indeed. :)

> I haven't been following the list very closely lately, but it looks like
> last time 3.2.6b was brought up a bunch of bugs came out of the woodwork.
>
> Does it look like we're near being ready to roll 3.2.6b now?

Sound good to me. I have some stuff to do tonight but if there are no
issues that need fixing I can roll a tarball tomorrow (Dec 29).

Jim