Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/17 18:38:04 UTC

Protobuf version upgrade?

Hi,

We still depends on protobuf 2.5. Can we upgrade it? Protobuf 3.x is already available.

-Gon

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Protobuf version upgrade?

Posted by Gyewon Lee <st...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for response, Douglas. That plan seems good to me.

Best regards,
Gyewon Lee

Posted by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gyewon Lee <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Douglas.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
The question is what .NET core version will support .NET standard 2.0 and when it will be available.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Oh. I see.
I am fine with going with protobuf.

-Gon

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Protobuf version upgrade?

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Douglas,

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Protobuf version upgrade?

Posted by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com>.
I agree. We need to upgrade to Protobuf 3.x. Mario pointed me to the
following link that shows how to use both Protobuf 2.5 and 3.x together
which would allow us to use 2.5 with Yarn and change our internal usage to
3.0 and replace Avro. Thoughts?

Doug

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.