Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alok Bhandari <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/17 12:44:20 UTC

Multivalued fields order of storing is guaranteed ?

Hello ,

I am using Solr 5.10 , I have a use case to fit in.

Lets say I define 2 fields group-name,group-id both multivalued and stored .
1)now I add following values to each of them
group-name {a,b,c} and group-id{1,2,3} .

2)Now I want to add new value to each of these 2 fields {d},{4} , my
requirement is that it should add these new values such that when I query
these 2 fields it should return me {a,b,c,d,} and {1,2,3,4} in this order
i.e a<=>1,....d<=>4.

Is it guaranteed that stored multivalued fields maintain order of insertion.
Or I need to to explicitly handle this scenario.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alok

Re: Multivalued fields order of storing is guaranteed ?

Posted by Alok Bhandari <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Yonik.

Re: Multivalued fields order of storing is guaranteed ?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Alok Bhandari
<al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it guaranteed that stored multivalued fields maintain order of insertion.

Yes.

-Yonik