Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Allan Edwards <ak...@meepzor.com> on 2001/01/12 22:09:08 UTC

RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 InstallBin.dsp Makefile.win

>    # PROP Intermediate_Dir "Release"
>   -# PROP Cmd_Line "NMAKE /f makefile.win INSTDIR="\Apache2.0" SHORT=R LONG=Release _install"
>   +# PROP Cmd_Line "NMAKE /f makefile.win INSTDIR="/Apache2.0" SHORT=R LONG=Release _install"
>    # PROP Rebuild_Opt ""

This is working for you?? On my machines (NT & 2K) xcopy is getting confused
by the forward slash:

     copy docs\cgi-examples\printenv "/Apache2.0\cgi-bin\printenv.pl"
            1 file(s) copied.
     xcopy docs\docroot "/Apache2.0\htdocs" /d < c:\Tmp\nma02532.
     Invalid number of parameters

mkdir "/Apache2.0\foo" also fails.

Allan

RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 InstallBin.dsp Makefile.win

Posted by Allan Edwards <ak...@meepzor.com>.
> This is backed out, please refresh and test build.

Looks good. I'll do more detailed checking tomorrow.
Thanks!!

My COMSPEC is \WINNT\system32\cmd.exe

Allan

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
What is your COMSPEC?

Posted by Allan Edwards <ak...@meepzor.com>.
> Quoted slashed names should work on all Windows platforms.  Are you running
> from command.com or cmd.exe shell?
>
> This is a showstopper till we fix it.

I'm running:

msdev apache.dsw /make "InstallBin - Win32 Debug"

from a Win2k cmd.exe window, but it also fails when
trying to build InstallBin from the GUI. But then

xcopy "/foo\bar" \temp

from the command line also fails with the same error.
Cheers, Allan

> This is working for you?? On my machines (NT & 2K) xcopy is getting confused
> by the forward slash:
>
>      copy docs\cgi-examples\printenv "/Apache2.0\cgi-bin\printenv.pl"
>             1 file(s) copied.
>      xcopy docs\docroot "/Apache2.0\htdocs" /d < c:\Tmp\nma02532.
>      Invalid number of parameters
>
> mkdir "/Apache2.0\foo" also fails.

Quoted slashed names should work on all Windows platforms.  Are you running
from command.com or cmd.exe shell?

This is a showstopper till we fix it.

<Da#n cygwin awk/>