Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ian Lavallee <ia...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/29 22:11:17 UTC

When should depenedncyManagement display "scope not updated to X"

I'm working on a verbose tree serializer in maven-dependency-plugin and
have the dependency management messages like "scope managed from compile"
working but I can't find documentation on why "scope not updated to
compile" messages show up. Line 24 of this test's expected.txt shows this.
<https://github.com/apache/maven-dependency-plugin/blob/master/src/it/projects/tree-verbose/expected.txt>
But
in the pom for the test the only dependency that has management is
maven-model.

I thought it might be because it's not a transitive dependency but line 28
doesn't say (scope not updated to test). The test expected.txt has had some
inconsistencies with the actual dependency tree. Does anyone know when this
should be displayed or if there's any extra documentation on
DependencyManagement that could explain it?

Thanks,
Ian