Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Remedy QA <re...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/28 23:05:48 UTC

Machine configuration used for JMeter

Hi JMeter Users,

I would like to solicit feedback of what machine specifications you're using to successfully load one Jmeter client with *reasonable* response times.  This would greatly help out new users on setting up a load.

What is the OS, CPU type, Memory of the machine?
What is the JMeter JVM configuration that you used?
What is the Jmeter load (# of virtual users per machine)?
Did you run on non-gui mode?
Turned off all listeners? Leaving just aggregate listener?
What is the general structure of your JMeter script?
How long did you have the script run to be successful?

Thanks!

Re: Machine configuration used for JMeter

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
I have my own development environment for testing JMeter plugin's I write.

AMD 2ghz, 1 Gb RAM, Redhat fedora 1, jdk1.4.2, tomcat5
Sun X1, 768Mb RAM, jdk1.4.2, tomcat5
gateway 450 laptop 1.4 ghz, 1 Gb RAM, Windows XP pro, Jmeter 2.0
home built 450mhz P3, 512Mb RAM, Windows XP pro, Jmeter 2.0

At work I tend to use what ever is available during development.
Normally I will write the test plan in GUI mode and run the test in
GUI mode.

When I worked on the distribution graph, I use the gateway laptop to
send 600K requests to my linux box. when I worked on the monitor, I
used the gateway laptop and 450mhz home built system to monitor both
X1 and Linux server.

peter