Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2002/01/22 13:32:08 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] FOP 0.20.3 Release Candidate available

Hi all,

the Release Candidate for 0.20.3 (Maintenance release) is finally
available at http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop for downloading and testing.

This version has been updated to XSL 1.0 Recommendation syntax and
requires (now officially) JDK 1.2 or better.

Christian

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] FOP 0.20.3 Release Candidate available

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Matt Savino wrote:

> Whoopee! By any chance are any of the large report-memory issues
> addressed in this release? I'm just wondering because we have a
> production build coming up.

AFAIK there have been no improvements in memory usage lately, this

will happen in the redesign which will take some time...

Posted by Matt Savino <ma...@synergizethis.com>.
Whoopee! By any chance are any of the large report-memory issues
addressed in this release? I'm just wondering because we have a
production build coming up.

(Yes I know about the master-page-sequence thing, it's just that some of
our reports don't have natural page breaks where I can seamlessly start
new page-sequences.)

thx,
Matt

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
I'll keep this in mind for this weekend. Thanks.

Arved

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Arved,

I have set up a book with my xml.  It will require changes to
xml-fop/docs/xml-docs/fop.xml and to xml-fop/build.xml.  I'll prepare -u
diffs for both.  One question about the xml: when I was writing the xml
files, I used

<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.0//EN"
"../dtd/document-v10.dtd">

to allow me acces to the dtd for editing.  Is there a way to specify the
dtd in the production files?

Peter

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Arved,

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.

Arved Sandstrom wrote:

>Hi, Peter
>
>I've included an attachment which is a tree listing of what I obtained with
>wget.
>
>Please review and let me know what I missed. Thanks.

Arved,

All of the html-docs stuff is redundant as far as the docs build is
concerned - it will all be generated.  It was only there because I
wanted to check that the html geneartion was working.  What you need is
the xml-fop/docs/alt.design directory and all of its contents.  The
xml-fop/build.xml.diff patch file must be applied to xml-fop/build.xml
(the build.xml in the directory structure below has the patch applied).
 Same for xml-fop/docs/xml-docs/fop.xml.diff.  Once those patches are
applied, and the xml-fop/docs/alt.design directory is established and
populated, the build target 'htmldoc' should generate the html files.

Peter

>----xml-fop
>    |   build.xml
>    |   build.xml.diff
>    ----docs

          |---alt.design

          |       **Everything under here needs to be collected**
          |

>        |---xml-docs
>        |       fop.xml
>        |       fop.xml.diff
>        ----html-docs

                  Everything under html-docs will be generated in the
full build

RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] FOP 0.20.3 Release Candidate available

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
Hi, Peter

I've included an attachment which is a tree listing of what I obtained with
wget.

Please review and let me know what I missed. Thanks.

We have a couple of days yet before Christian builds and uploads the
release...there is some work to do, including incorporating your stuff
(which I am doing), and we have some JAR licensing issues to tackle (if
you're on general@xml.apache.org you'll be aware of this). Actually,
specifically, the license for JIMI may not be the right one, and we don't
have a license for BSF. The ASF requires that we have a license even if the
distribution itself doesn't care, basically.

Do we even need BSF?

Worst case, we pull both JARs and add a Readme which indicates where to get
them.

And yes, Christian volunteered to do this next build. :-) Good for the
project, to have more people that are used to the procedure.

Regards,
Arved

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Arved,