Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/08 21:00:01 UTC

APR not picking up tcnative-1.dll

Hi all,

I've got APR working on linux just fine via LD_LIBRARY_PATH on my dev
box , but I can't get APR working on the target XP on x64 intel box
via the system path environment variable. I'm using tomcat 5.5.18
which is embedded into JBoss 4.0.5 . AFAICT 5.5.18 uses APR 1.1.3 and
I downloaded the binary from here:

http://tomcat.heanet.ie/native/1.1.3/binaries/win64/amd64/

Now our windows sysadmin believes that our EMT64 is the same thing as
amd64. And the jboss docs just say to put the tcnative-1.dll file in
the system path , which I did and then rebooted . I believe what I
should be seeing is a line like this on the x64 on intel XP box:

2007-01-07 22:48:19,591 INFO  [org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol]
Initializing Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-0.0.0.0-8009

However I cannot get this to appear on XP x64 , just linux. I spent
all day googling. Any ideas?

Robert

Re: APR not picking up tcnative-1.dll

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 1/8/07, robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/8/07, Caldarale, Charles R <Ch...@unisys.com> wrote:
> > > From: robert lazarski [mailto:robertlazarski@gmail.com]
> > > Subject: Re: APR not picking up tcnative-1.dll

> > > Nope! We are using the 32bit jvm . Does that matter since the
> > > dll is native ?
> >
> > I suspect so, but I'm not positive.  Try installing the 32-bit version
> > of the dll and see if that works.  Or, go for the gold, and try the
> > 64-bit JVM with the 64-bit dll.
> >
> >  - Chuck
>
> Its late here but I think I nailed this down the be a 'java service
> wrapper' issue, ie, java daemon / service third party native libs.
> When I copied a fresh jboss over and did the same config, apr came up.
> Looks like I need to configure wrapper to be apr aware. Anyone done
> that and perhaps can post their wrapper.conf ?

OK, just in case someone searches on this ... win32 tcnative on a
32bit jvm worked fine, _after_ adding this to my wrapper.conf :

wrapper.java.library.path.2=c:\native

where c:\native has the tcnative dll and openssl.exe .

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: robert lazarski [mailto:robertlazarski@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: APR not picking up tcnative-1.dll
> >
> > 2) Are you using a 64-bit JVM on the Windows box?
>
> Nope! We are using the 32bit jvm . Does that matter since the
> dll is native ?

I suspect so, but I'm not positive.  Try installing the 32-bit version
of the dll and see if that works.  Or, go for the gold, and try the
64-bit JVM with the 64-bit dll.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: APR not picking up tcnative-1.dll

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
See comments inline:

On 1/8/07, Caldarale, Charles R <Ch...@unisys.com> wrote:
> > From: robert lazarski [mailto:robertlazarski@gmail.com]
> > Subject: APR not picking up tcnative-1.dll
> >
> > However I cannot get this to appear on XP x64 , just linux. I spent
> > all day googling. Any ideas?
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Is it really a 64-bit version of XP?

Yes! 100% sure as I access the machine via RDP and its in big letters
on the login page.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.