Posted to users@rave.apache.org by Michael Aram <mi...@aram.at> on 2012/09/28 18:11:16 UTC

Installation problems

Hello Ravers,

I have just tried to install RAVE inside a local machine (both stable and
trunk) and were not able to much on the (more or less empty) portal,
because my browser could not load the "container:pubsub-2:open-views.js"
file. The reason was, that I was accessing the portal under my local IP
(192.168...), but the file was supposed to exist under "localhost". I was
able to quick-fix it by creating an ssh-tunnel from localhost to the vm.
However, I guess this is harcoded somewhere and should be fixed? Maybe this
can also be fixed/re-configured by modifying a config file somewhere too,
but I think it should be fixed...

All the best,
Michael

Re: Installation problems

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
Can you provide us with some more details here on your exact setup? It
sounds like you are running Rave on a VM on your local box? Does the VM
have it's own IP? What IP did you use to access Rave?

Chris

Re: Installation problems

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

did you read the documentation about the host configuration [1]? By default
the portal and the widget renderers (Wookie & Shindig) expect
localhost:8080.

Regards,

Jasha

[1] http://rave.apache.org/documentation/host-configuration.html