Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stefan Wesner <we...@rus.uni-stuttgart.de> on 2000/11/20 16:42:50 UTC

Questions on the file upload package

Hi,

i just uploaded successfully files using the upload.* classes and running
resin as the servlet engine.

Some questions:

The file upload is one tasks within a couple of web pages. On every page you
can go back. I use the cancel button for this purpose and I have a line

    if( this.isCancelled(request) )
    {
      return mapping.findForward("predecessor");
    }

in order to find out if the user wants to go back or wanted to perform the
action (in this case the processing of the uploaded file)

* I assume that the file is already uploaded at this point an nothing can
prevent this. Beside the fact that "isCancelled" never return true (How to
make it correct ?) do I need to make some wrap up in order to delete the
temporaries ?
(In this case a JavaScript function that goes back in history seems to be
more appropriate)

* If the user proceeds and returns (for whatever reason) back to the upload
page I wonder why the file text field is not filled out "by magic" like the
other fields from the Form.
Anything special that has to be done in order to reach this ?

Kind regards,

Stefan Wesner.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Wesner     Head of Software Technology Group
phone: +49 (0)711 685-4275   fax: +49 (0)711 682-357