Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Frank Naude (FJ)" <Na...@telkom.co.za> on 2002/11/01 08:35:01 UTC

MOD_Perl Converter

Hi,

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but, is there any mod_cgi to mod_perl
converter available? I'm not even sure if such a converter would be
possible. However, even a partial convert will already help a great
deal.

For example, such a converter could scan a program and add code to it
to initialise variables before starting the original code. This will
prevent the problem with variables retaining their values from one
request to the next.

Best regards.

Frank Naudé

Re: MOD_Perl Converter

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Ged Haywood wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Frank Naude (FJ) wrote:
>

>>but, is there any mod_cgi to mod_perl converter available?
>>

>Have a look at Apache::Registry.

And to address the specific problem you mentioned about initializaing
variables, look at Apache::PerlRun.

- Perrin

Re: MOD_Perl Converter

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Frank Naude (FJ) wrote:

> Sorry if this is a FAQ,

So read the docs already! :)

> but, is there any mod_cgi to mod_perl converter available?

Have a look at Apache::Registry.

73,
Ged.