Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Pesara Pramod <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/02/03 02:50:32 UTC

Problem with installing

Hi, I want to write a simple XML parser using SAX.
I downloaded the Xerces-J-src.1.3.0.zip file and
unzipped it. But, when I try to 'make', it says the
following error.

src/Makefile.incl:59: *** commands commence before
first target.  Stop.

Could anyone please help me in this matter.
Thanks
Pramod

Re: Problem with installing

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@eng.sun.com>.
Pesara Pramod wrote:

> Hi, I want to write a simple XML parser using SAX.
> I downloaded the Xerces-J-src.1.3.0.zip file and
> unzipped it. But, when I try to 'make', it says the
> following error.
>
> src/Makefile.incl:59: *** commands commence before
> first target.  Stop.

I've seen this when building on a Solaris machine so I've switched to
using Ant.  I haven't built the version you refer to, but I have built
Xerces-j 2.  See http://jakarta.apache.org/ant.  Ant is a java-based
platform independent build tool, which also uses XML.  BTW, there is a
xerces-j-dev list.  I don't usually read this list.

-Edwin