Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au> on 2008/02/01 08:53:18 UTC

Convert html site docs to xdoc etc

Hi All,

Im helping a bit with getting stdcxx site converted to using Forrest.
The simple docs on the main part of the site are done.

Martin has asked if it is possible to convert other docs [1][2] so that
they can be integrated into the Forrest source xdoc format.

There is an awful lot of pages in those docs so an automated way to do this
would be great. Once converted to xdoc I guess after that it is a manual
process to put the pages into tabs.xml and site.xml etc.

The current 'new' site has been started and Martin has put it up in his own
area [3] as a sandbox until forrest deploy etc has been worked out.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Gav...

[1] - http://stdcxx.apache.org/doc/stdlibref/index.html

[2] - http://stdcxx.apache.org/doc/stdlibug/index.html

[3] - http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/forrest-site/

Re: Convert html site docs to xdoc etc

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Im helping a bit with getting stdcxx site converted to using Forrest.
> The simple docs on the main part of the site are done.
>
> Martin has asked if it is possible to convert other docs [1][2] so that
> they can be integrated into the Forrest source xdoc format.

See [1] as an experienced Forres dev you probably want to skip to
"Customizing the html pipeline"

[NB this is an issue for the user list not the dev list, users will not
find the solution in our dev archives]

Ross

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/howto/howto-custom-html-source.html