Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by odonya <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/05 12:32:51 UTC

How do I ensure that the sample guacamole I use is using websockets and not ajax (XMLHttpRequest) ?

I set up sample guacamole and it seems to be using ajax (XMLHttpRequest) and
not websockets, how can I ensure that I am using websockets?

I can tell it is using ajax because I am seeing so many XHR calls on the
browser console.

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

Re: How do I ensure that the sample guacamole I use is using websockets and not ajax (XMLHttpRequest) ?

Posted by Nick Couchman <ni...@yahoo.com>.
If you look at the catalina.out file from Tomcat, or the matching file from any other Java application server, you'll see a warning at the time of connection if it's using HTTP instead of Websocket for the tunnel.  If you see this warning then you need to make sure that you have properly configured all of the Websocket listeners - in particular, if you are proxying Tomcat (/JBOSS/etc.) behind something like Apache or Nginx, you need to make sure you configure the Websocket proxy in addition to the HTTP(S) proxy.  Apache HTTPD requires 2.4 or later, I believe, to proxy the WSS protocol, so if you're running 2.2 you will need to upgrade to get that to work.  Also, according to Tomcat documentation, you must be running Java 7 or later for WSS to work.  That shouldn't be too hard these days - it is generally difficult to get a Java 6 version downloaded, but just something else to verify.
-Nick
== He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God? --Micah 6:8-- ==

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 5:32 AM, odonya <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I set up sample guacamole ...

Are you referring to the mainline Guacamole web application, or to a
web application leveraging the Guacamole API?

- Mike