Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2007/06/14 23:19:19 UTC

DISCLAIMER.txt in rc3 listing OpenEJB and OpenJPA as incubating projects

Hi,

In the course of "just spot it" I found that DISCLAIMER.txt listed
OpenEJB and OpenJPA as incubating projects. As I understand it,
although OpenEJB deps are indeed incubating release OpenJPA deps are
not. I've removed OpenJPA from DISCLAIMER.txt. I'll see what I can do
to release SNAPSHOTs of OpenEJB libs so they're no longer listed in
the file.

Having said this, I wonder if we should stop the rc3 vote and do the
vote again. I hope I'm mistaken.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: DISCLAIMER.txt in rc3 listing OpenEJB and OpenJPA as incubating projects

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 6/15/07, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for noticing the problem. Can you make the change to trunk?
> change to 2.0-M6 can follow, if we deem it necessary...

Done. I don't remember the exact change number - it'd been before I
went asleep :D

Jacek

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 14, 2007, at 5:19 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the course of "just spot it" I found that DISCLAIMER.txt listed
> OpenEJB and OpenJPA as incubating projects. As I understand it,
> although OpenEJB deps are indeed incubating release OpenJPA deps are
> not. I've removed OpenJPA from DISCLAIMER.txt. I'll see what I can do
> to release SNAPSHOTs of OpenEJB libs so they're no longer listed in
> the file.
>
> Having said this, I wonder if we should stop the rc3 vote and do the
> vote again. I hope I'm mistaken.

You are correct that the notice information is incorrect. Does not
invalidate the release (at least in my opinion).

Thanks for noticing the problem. Can you make the change to trunk?
change to 2.0-M6 can follow, if we deem it necessary...

--kevan

Re: DISCLAIMER.txt in rc3 listing OpenEJB and OpenJPA as incubating projects

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> I'd prefer to let M6 fly as it will be obsolete in about a month.  Its a
> lot of work to respin for this IMHO.

I agree.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 6/14/07, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:
> I'd prefer to let M6 fly as it will be obsolete in about a month.
> Its a lot of work to respin for this IMHO.

I thought it might've been the only viable answer so I'm glad I can
read that you think alike ;-) It's a RC after all, isn't it? Thanks
for your warm support.

Jacek

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.