Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2009/03/24 13:58:49 UTC

Can I clear statistics?

If I update (enable) statistics  on a table and then find performance is
worse or decide it is not worth the trouble having to update them
periodically, is there a way to clear statistics so that I can go back
to the original plan selection or am I committed to using statistics and
updating periodically once I update them once?

Thanks

Kathey

Re: Can I clear statistics?

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Mamta Satoor wrote:
> Currently, there is no way to drop the statistics neither is there an
> optimizer override
Thanks Mamta,

I filed DERBY-4115 to request the ability to drop statistics and
DERBY-4113 for the optimizer override.  I'll update my doc comments to
provide a warning to users that they are committed to using and updating
statistics if their data changes once the update has been performed.

Kathey

Re: Can I clear statistics?

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Currently, there is no way to drop the statistics neither is there an
optimizer override I think to say do not look at the statistics. But
hopefully other optimizer overrides can help tweak the query plan for
an experienced user.

Mamta