Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Szymon Janc <sz...@codecoup.pl> on 2017/07/27 22:47:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.1.0-rc2

Hello all,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
Apache Mynewt 1.1.0.

This is the second release candidate for Mynewt 1.1.0 (rc2); voting for
rc1 was cancelled due to issues described in [CANCEL][VOTE] email:
  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ba768bba6e3b448489d12039bf526866f49732c2f63e1270aff70cd3@<dev.mynewt.apache.org>

Apache Mynewt is a community-driven, permissively licensed open source
initiative for constrained, embedded applications. Mynewt provides a
real-time operating system, flash file system, network stacks, and
support utilities for real-world embedded systems.

For full release notes, please visit the Apache Mynewt Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Release+Notes

This release candidate was tested as follows:
  1. Manual execution of the Mynewt test plan:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Apache+Mynewt+Test+Plan
     The test results can be found at:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/1.1.0+Test+Results
  2. The full unit test suite for this release was executed via "newt
     test all" with no failures.  This testing was performed on the
     following platforms:
       * OS X 10.11.5
       * Ubuntu Linux 17.04

The release candidate to be voted on is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.1.0/rc2/

The commits under consideration are as follows:
blinky:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-blinky
  commit 62dfe9154163b52ec2105ca329cc4547b7b11ae7
core:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core
  commit a9bd2b466feba698eb07c70a434f6424479cc368
newt:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newt
  commit 0e174a618b473e89b5c0d681957830f0d4b7a665
newtmgr:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newtmgr
  commit e1c8a7f2294d3f2513eca16aebac12eede542596

In addition, the following newt convenience binaries are available:
  linux: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.1.0/rc2/apache-mynewt-bin-linux-1.1.0.tgz
  osx: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.1.0/rc2/apache-mynewt-bin-osx-1.1.0.tgz

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
votes.

A separate [DISCUSS] thread will be opened to talk about this release
candidate.

Thanks,
Szymon Janc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.1.0-rc2

Posted by Michał Narajowski <mi...@codecoup.pl>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by will sanfilippo <wi...@runtime.io>.

Posted by Alfred Schilken <al...@schilken.de>.
+1

I had only minor problems with several of my sources of mynewt 1.0 running:

shell.h now uses a syscfg  MYNEWT_VAL(SHELL_NEWTMGR) and I hadn’t included the "syscfg/syscfg.h“ before -> compile-error

I ran in an assert in shell_cmd_register() which checks the max number of registered commands.
Had to overwrite the new SHELL_MAX_COMPAT_COMMANDS with a higher value.
After lokal viewing the updated documentation for 1.1 I found all that very well documented in the shell chapter. great !

EDV-Beratung Schilken
alfred@schilken.de
www.schilken.de
mobil: +49 178 1475677

Posted by Łukasz Rymanowski <lu...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi

On 28 July 2017 at 00:58, Vipul Rahane <vi...@runtime.io> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > In addition, the following newt convenience binaries are available:
> >  linux: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-
> 1.1.0/rc2/apache-mynewt-bin-linux-1.1.0.tgz
> >  osx: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-
> 1.1.0/rc2/apache-mynewt-bin-osx-1.1.0.tgz
> >
> > The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/KEYS
> >
> > The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
> > least three +1 PPMC votes are cast.
> >
> > [X] +1 Release this package
> > [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

+1 (binding)

> > Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
> > please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
> > votes.
> >
> > A separate [DISCUSS] thread will be opened to talk about this release

Best regards
Łukasz

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.1.0-rc2

Posted by Vipul Rahane <vi...@runtime.io>.
Let’s ship it :-). +1 (binding)

Regards,
Vipul Rahane

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Im not sure if Im (binding) but excited for 1.1,
> +1

Only PMC members votes are binding on releases as a committer your vote is not binding but thanks for looking at the release. Reviewing releases is one way of eventually being voted onto the PMC.

You can see the PMC by searching here. [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.1.0-rc2

Posted by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.

Posted by Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl>.
+1 (binding)