Posted to users@felix.apache.org by AervTerrh <wo...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/27 14:59:37 UTC

Felix OSGi and EclipseLink issue

Hello,

I'm new to Felix OSGi, and have tried this simple example:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/OSGi/Developing_with_EclipseLink_OSGi_in_PDE.
In Equinox everything works great if I follow the steps in the tutorial.
However, I want to set it up in a Felix framework.

I have followed
http://felix.apache.org/site/integrating-felix-with-eclipse.html to get
Felix within Eclipse. This also works, and the basic examples for this work
aswell. However, when I try to get EclipseLink working in Felix I get an
exception:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle
hello.jpa [15].
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1803)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1678)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:905)
        at
org.apache.felix.shell.impl.StartCommandImpl.execute(StartCommandImpl.java:114)
        at
org.apache.felix.shell.impl.Activator$ShellServiceImpl.executeCommand(Activator.java:286)
        at
org.apache.felix.shell.tui.Activator$ShellTuiRunnable.run(Activator.java:184)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-30005] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
1.1.3.v20091002-r5404):
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException
Exception Description: An exception was thrown while searching for
persistence archives with ClassLoader:
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.osgi.CompositeClassLoader@1bbf1ca
Internal Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The bundle is
uninstalled.
        at
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException.exceptionSearchingForPersistenceResources(PersistenceUnitLoadingException.java:121)
        at
org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:133)
        at
org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:67)
        at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Unknown
Source)
        at hello.jpa.Activator.start(Activator.java:14)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:661)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1756)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The bundle is uninstalled.
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.getBundleResources(Felix.java:1407)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.getResources(BundleImpl.java:618)
        at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.osgi.BundleProxyClassLoader.findResources(BundleProxyClassLoader.java:43)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResources(Unknown Source)
        at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.osgi.CompositeClassLoader.getResources(CompositeClassLoader.java:118)
        at
org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:96)
        ... 12 more
-> Exception [EclipseLink-30005] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
1.1.3.v20091002-r5404):
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException
Exception Description: An exception was thrown while searching for
persistence archives with ClassLoader:
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.osgi.CompositeClassLoader@1bbf1ca
Internal Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The bundle is
uninstalled.

The installed bundles within Felix are:

START LEVEL 1
   ID   State         Level  Name
[   0] [Active     ] [    0] System Bundle (2.0.4)
[   1] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Bundle Repository (1.4.3)
[   2] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell Service (1.4.2)
[   3] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell TUI (1.4.1)
[   4] [Active     ] [    1] JPA 1.0 - Extended for OSGi (1.99)
(1.99.0.v200906021518)
[   5] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Derby Plug-in (10.1.2.1_v200803061811)
[   9] [Active     ] [    1] EclipseLink JPA (1.1.3.v20091002-r5404)
[  10] [Active     ] [    1] EclipseLink Core (1.1.3.v20091002-r5404)
[  12] [Active     ] [    1] JAXP XML (1.3.4.v200902170245)

The plugin dependencies of the test-tutorial are: javax.persistence_1.99,
org.apache.derby, org.eclipse.osgi, javax.transaction.

I've been looking into this for days. And I can't figure out how to get this
simple example working. I have tried to make it work with Pax Runner aswell,
but no success.

If anyone can help me, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Aerv

Re: Felix OSGi and EclipseLink issue

Posted by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>.
Your example looks great, thank you!.

No problems so far. In a few days, I have to migrate to an osgi
environment some previous JPA non-osgi stuff and I was trying to keep
on top of problems.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Juanjo.

Posted by Andreas Kollegger <ak...@tembopublic.org>.

Posted by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by AervTerrh <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Kollegger <ak...@tembopublic.org>.
Hello Aerv,

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
What Sahoo forgot to explicitly mention: The application server Glassfish is running on top of Apache Felix.

Greetings, Marcel

Posted by AervTerrh <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Kris Reid <kr...@gmail.com>.
Did you ever find a solution? Probably too long ago to remember now :)

-----
http://www.kremsoft.com Kremsoft - Software Development