Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com> on 2003/11/24 19:25:04 UTC

Re: Parser refactoring; should Jmeter fetch more than images/appl ets?

En/na BAZLEY, Sebastian ha escrit:

> Oops. The parser selection property I introduced does not extend well.

You're right. I have no shame.

> I propose changing the property to something like:
>
>     jmeter.html.parser=<parser-class>

Sounds like a good option.

> In the short-term, I suggest hard-coding the class names in HTTPSamplerFull,
> but it might be useful to use a factory in future.

Or simply grabbing jmeter.html.parser and instantiating the class from
the name?

> There should be a parser interface as well.

Agree.

> A suitable API should become clearer when the URL fetching code has been
> moved out of the parser - suggestions?

My ParserRegexp already separates obtention from fetching. I used a
LinkedHashSet to hold the list of URLs, but I'd rather favour the parser
returning a Collection or even an Iterator.

--
Salut,

Jordi.

Re: Parser refactoring; should Jmeter fetch more than images/appl ets?

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
OK. I'm doing that.

I will also try to devise some easy-to-reproduce test that we can use
for comparison.

En/na peter lin ha escrit:

Posted by peter lin <jm...@yahoo.com>.

i like the idea of an iterator, since that is how we use it anyways :)

peter

Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com> wrote:

En/na BAZLEY, Sebastian ha escrit:

> Oops. The parser selection property I introduced does not extend well.

You're right. I have no shame.

> I propose changing the property to something like:
>
> jmeter.html.parser=

Sounds like a good option.

> In the short-term, I suggest hard-coding the class names in HTTPSamplerFull,
> but it might be useful to use a factory in future.

Or simply grabbing jmeter.html.parser and instantiating the class from
the name?

> There should be a parser interface as well.

Agree.

> A suitable API should become clearer when the URL fetching code has been
> moved out of the parser - suggestions?

My ParserRegexp already separates obtention from fetching. I used a
LinkedHashSet to hold the list of URLs, but I'd rather favour the parser
returning a Collection or even an Iterator.

--
Salut,

Jordi.

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now