Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mario Bittermann <ma...@gmx.at> on 2005/03/17 10:44:30 UTC

Application install problem

Hi,

i´m using tomcat 4.1.31 and try to install an application via manager
console. my application consists of an xml-file containing a context section
and a war-file. when i try to install my application, the xml-file is copied
into the webapps folder, but the warfile is not deployed in a folder in the
webapps folder.

Ist there a possibility to do this?

thanks mario

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Application install problem

Posted by Lionel Farbos <li...@free.fr>.
Hi,

I post a problem like yours yesterday :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=111099252030422&w=2

In our case, the warfile is not deployed in the Host.appBase. I think it's deployed in the Host.workDir.
see there :
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html

Note: If you don't provide a Context.xml and you only provide a warfile, it is deployed in the Host.appBase.

Cheers.