Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Vadim Bauer <ba...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/05 17:58:15 UTC

Underlined text is not displayed correctly in Apple Preview 8.0 (859.7) with pdfbox 2.0 snapshot

Im using latest PDFBox 2.0 latest snapshot to add an underlined link on a pdf. When I open the link in Adobe 11 it is displayed correctly with an underlined link.

When I open the same pdf with Apple Preview 8.0 (859.7) it is displayed as solid line box. Actually except dashed every PDBorderStyleDictionary option is displayed as solid in apple preview.

This is my sample code.
https://gist.github.com/Vad1mo/c8458fd90414e88821e3 <https://gist.github.com/Vad1mo/c8458fd90414e88821e3>

I can provide a pdf, but it doesn't matter you can take any pdf you want.

Re: Underlined text is not displayed correctly in Apple Preview 8.0 (859.7) with pdfbox 2.0 snapshot

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

this thread on stack overflow has a sample for you.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28144941/in-pdfbox-how-to-create-a-link-annotation-with-rollover-mouse-over-effect/28874068#28874068

BR
Maruan

> Am 06.03.2015 um 13:08 schrieb Vadim Bauer <ba...@gmail.com>:
>
> Thank you Maruan,
> I am looking for some appearance stream examples but can't find any. Do you maybe have some?
>

>> Am 06.03.2015 um 11:50 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>:
>>
>> Hi Vadim,
>>
>> the reason of that behavior is that when you create a new annotation using PDFBox it's parameters are defined but not the visual appearance (the appearance stream) as a result the way the annotation is displayed is dependent on the defaults of the viewing application which leads to different 'looks' in Adobe Reader and OS X Preview.
>>
>> What can be done to resolve this is to generate the appearance stream. Unfortunately this still doesn't give you a guarantee that different readers show the annotation exactly the same way as it's still up to the reader to decide if it's respecting it or not.
>>
>> Maruan
>>

>>> Am 06.03.2015 um 11:31 schrieb Vadim Bauer <ba...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Ok guys I have an example that reproduces the error out of the box with AddAnnotation example <https://github.com/apache/pdfbox/blob/a0e69a5a0a6ee6b2ffcbf7fff1a0beed52c90074/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/AddAnnotations.java> that ships with pdfbox.
>>>
>>> Please take a look at the screenshot.
>>> So what do you think is this a:
>>> a.) pdfbox issue that needs to be solved.
>>> b.) a pdfbox issue that can't/won't be solved.
>>> c.) a apple preview issue with NO pdfbox workaround.

Posted by Vadim Bauer <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Maruan,

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi Vadim,