Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2015/08/20 02:05:55 UTC

Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds

Trunk builds are failing with OOME, can't create native thread (HBASE-14262)

Anyone know of any recent INFRA changes?

Imperfect triage has our problem starting in build #15134, Aug 18, 2015
5:10:02 AM

Otherwise, was going to mess with heap sizings and trying to make the big
tests smaller so we can get trunk passing again.

Thanks,
St.Ack

Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> FYI, I've changed the precommit test to run using the test-patch.sh file
> from a branch for HBASE-14337 so I can make changes needed to allow the
> workspace to have a maven repo just for our builds (rather than the shared
> one with the jenkins user).
>
> submitted patches are still applied and run against their branch (default
> master).
>
> Once I have a coherent patch I'll post it to HBASE-14337 and we can stop
> using the branch.

I just ran into this. It took a bit to figure it ("Why are my changes to
test-patch.sh not having an effect..." -- smile).

So, I think its probably a good idea to run test-patch.sh from a branch.
The alternative is checking in latest test-patch.sh changes to all branches
(test-patch.sh and pieces of this script are scattered enough already with
the zombie finding portion pasted as after-build script to run on build
completion on a bunch of our branches -- need to fix).

I added a branch to our repo called jenkins.build. It should be clearer
that this is where we do jenkins.build from (a bit clearer than HBASE-14337
-- smile). I then changed the patch build to use this branch doing jenkins
build (added comments in the script up in jenkins so hopefully it is a bit
plain what is going on).

Good on you Sean,
St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
...and Andrew Bayer has been helping out up on INFRA (see up on ticket).
Jenkins currently down for patch builds (probably while Andrew is up in the
air). It is an airy build day today since Sean also aloft.

St.Ack

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sean

Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
You the man Sean!

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sean

Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sean

Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sean

Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.