Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Howard, Gary" <Ga...@CINFIN.com> on 2003/10/01 16:49:54 UTC

Problem fitting cocoon into our current framework

I have created a cocoon server using WebLogic 7.0.  I have a stylesheet that
we created using xsl-fo to generate a PDF.  I need to execute a query on our
main app. server and send the results to the cocoon server to be styled to
produce a PDF.  Both of these server domains reside on the same machine.  I
have tried serializing the query results to a file out to the hard drive.
Then, on the cocoon side we used castor to create the xml.  This works, but
is not a good enterprise solution.  I would like to use something to
transfer the xml directly to the cocoon server.  Does anyone have any tips
on what I should look into?  Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Gary

Re: Problem fitting cocoon into our current framework

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Have you looked at using the stream generator for this ?

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/stream-generator.html
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=StreamGenerator

rgds
Jorg