Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/22 23:27:09 UTC

Sqoop Import Oracle Error - Attempted to generate class with no columns!

Hi,

I just finished setting up Apache sqoop 1.4.3. I am trying to test basic sqoop import on Oracle.

sqoop import --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@//intelli.dmn.com:1521/DBT --table usr1.testonetwo --username usr123 --password passwd123

I am getting the error as
13/05/22 17:18:16 INFO manager.SqlManager: Executing SQL statement: SELECT t.* FROM usr1.testonetwo t WHERE 1=0
13/05/22 17:18:16 ERROR tool.ImportTool: Imported Failed: Attempted to generate class with no columns!

I checked the database and the query runs fine from Oracle sqlplus client and Toad.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: Sqoop Import Oracle Error - Attempted to generate class with no columns!

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Raj,
you can find more background for this issue in Sqoop Troubleshooting guide:

http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.3/SqoopUserGuide.html#_oracle_case_sensitive_catalog_query_errors

Jarcec

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.