Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Thomas Wolf <tj...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/22 20:13:27 UTC

how to turn off parameter names?

I just upgraded to NB 16 (from 13) and noticed a new feature which, with my poor eyesight, I initially thought was some sort of display driver error.  Looking more carefully, whenever I start typing the beginning of a method call, NB 16, in a tiny grey font, displays the argument variable name!  While I’m sure it can be valuable, I find it more distracting than anything else.  Is there a way to turn this off via preferences?  I looked in the more obvious places Settings->Editor->Code Completion & Hints but didn’t see anything relevant.

Any pointer would be appreciated.
Tom

Re: how to turn off parameter names?

Posted by Thomas Wolf <tj...@gmail.com>.