Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joel Rosi-Schwartz <Jo...@Etish.org> on 2005/03/08 15:51:11 UTC

j2ee_jaxrpc_mapping_1_0.dtd no longer available

Hi,

I have an Axis 1.2 RC2 generated Web Service running on JBoss 4.0 that has
been stable for a couple of months. Today, out of the blue, I can not longer
start up JBoss.

The problem is a URL that can not be found,
http://www.ibm.com/webservices/dtd/j2ee_jaxrpc_mapping_1_0.dtd

It appears that the Axis generated mapping files reference it in the header:

<!DOCTYPE java-wsdl-mapping PUBLIC
  "-//IBM Corporation, Inc.//DTD J2EE JAX-RPC mapping 1.0//EN"
  "http://www.ibm.com/webservices/dtd/j2ee_jaxrpc_mapping_1_0.dtd">

IBM has reorganized their open source web site and the document is no longer
available; at least at that URL. The real problem is that I can not even find
a hard copy of the dtd sitting around. What a way to waste a day :(

How do I get around this cleanly? I do not want to change the generated
mappings by hand, because that will interrupt my automated build process.

Thanks,
Joel

Re: j2ee_jaxrpc_mapping_1_0.dtd no longer available

Posted by Joel Rosi-Schwartz <Jo...@Etish.org>.
Thanks dim, but....

Checking through the XDoclet Jira I found out that this is a known issue and
in fact it is fixed in cvs head for the yet to be released 1.3. What is
needed is not the DTD as I presumed, but an update to the root element to
make it J2EE 1.4 compliant as such:

<java-wsdl-mapping
  xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
               http://www.ibm.com/webservices/xsd/j2ee_jaxrpc_mapping_1_1.xsd"