Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by flahti <fe...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/23 22:31:55 UTC

Ignore tf/idf at index time

Hi guys,

I'd like to turn off term frequency and idf when solr calculates the
boosting at index time. Is there any option available?

Thanks
- Felipe

Re: Ignore tf/idf at index time

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
"the boosting at index time"

What index-time boosting are you referring to? I mean, tf and idf are used
to calculate scores at query time.

There is a document boost at index time, but that is independent of tf and
idf.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felipe,

omitTermFrequencyAndPositions may help, but you may also want to implement
a custom similarity class that neutralizes idf. See
http://search-lucene.com/?q=custom+similarity

Otis
--
SOLR Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm/index.html