Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2002/07/12 22:21:56 UTC

Re: "[ERROR] null" using fop-0.20.4 command line on Win XP Pro

Samuel Neff wrote:
> [INFO] FOP 0.20.4
> [INFO] building formatting object tree
> [ERROR] null
>
> I searched the fop-user mailing archives and did not find any messages
> with a similar error message.

This is the most common error message, indicating a
NullPointerException.
add the -d command line switch to get a full stack trace.

Often, this message is caused by a problem in the FO file,
like wrongly placed FOs or dangling references. The stack
trace should indicate the real problem.

You can try to make the FO DTD at
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=101544223304884&w=2
work for you.

J.Pietschmann

RE: "[ERROR] null" using fop-0.20.4 command line on Win XP Pro

Posted by Samuel Neff <sa...@serndesign.com>.
J.,

Thank you for your quick reply.  Per your suggestion I validated the
document and found errors (master-name and master-reference reversed
several times), which was surprising since I literally cut-and-pasted it
from the article.

After making the corrections the translation ran perfectly.

Best regards,

Sam