Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ziying Sherwin <sh...@nlm.nih.gov> on 2000/10/30 17:53:24 UTC

Can't start DSO mod_perl

Dear Mod_Perl mailing list,

We installed Apache 1.3.12 on our Sun Solaris 2.6 with gcc 2.95.2
compiler. Then we installed mod_perl 1.24 as a DSO to the Apache server.
When we were installing mo_perl with apxs, everything looks fine. However,
httpd.conf file seems to be untouched. We added the following lines to
the httpd.conf:

LoadModule perl_module        libexec/libperl.so
AddModule mod_perl.c

<IfModule mod_perl.c>

Alias /perl/ /site/subsys/www/apache_1.3.12/cgi-bin/
<Location /perl/>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::Registry
      Options ExecCGI
      allow from all
      PerlSendHeader On </Location>
</IfModule>

Then the apache service could not start correctly by either causing core
dump or complaining about the "PerlHandler" directive.