Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2008/05/30 21:42:56 UTC

Re: Samples && doc

I would only say maybe consider closely the linking to files in SVN.
The ActiveMQ and ServiceMix sites have been plagued by pages that have
"An error occured.  An administrator has been notified." instead of
critical code samples (which is a lie because clearly the
administrator doesn't get a list of all the broken pages or else
they'd presumably tell someone).  I guess it's because there was some
kind of SVN or connectivity issue when the export ran, but it seems
like whole swaths of pages can get that, and they may need to be
corrected one by one by introducing trivial changes so they get
reexported.  I think it would be better to just paste in the sample
and then provide an SVN link next to it if the reader wants to check
for updates or whatever.

Thanks,
       Aaron