Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nicola Bortolotti <bo...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/27 11:29:06 UTC

internationalize displaytag into struts2

Hi all, first of all, sorry for terrible English.
In these days I've developed my first, simple application with
struts2, and, after putting properties file in correct place, I've
internationalized it.
Then I've looked for something about how to display a table (data
grid) and, on your lists, I found two different solution: "struts2
jQuery Plugin" (too difficult for a newbie as me..) and the simpler
displaytag (http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/1.2).

After some work I get displaytag working.
The question is: how can I internationalize header and captions of
displaytag into struts2?
Where should I put properties file? Should I modify something into
displaytag-1.2.jar?
I follow the manual (http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/1.2/i18n.html)
and google around, but I don't understand..

Thank you very much,

 -Nicola

Re: internationalize displaytag into struts2

Posted by Saeed Iqbal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Use titleKey.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Nicola Bortolotti <
bortolotti.nicola@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all, first of all, sorry for terrible English.
> In these days I've developed my first, simple application with
> struts2, and, after putting properties file in correct place, I've
> internationalized it.
> Then I've looked for something about how to display a table (data
> grid) and, on your lists, I found two different solution: "struts2
> jQuery Plugin" (too difficult for a newbie as me..) and the simpler
> displaytag (http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/1.2).
>
> After some work I get displaytag working.
> The question is: how can I internationalize header and captions of
> displaytag into struts2?
> Where should I put properties file? Should I modify something into
> displaytag-1.2.jar?
> I follow the manual (http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/1.2/i18n.html)
> and google around, but I don't understand..
>

> Thank you very much,
>
>  -Nicola

Saeed Iqbal
Independant Consultant
J2EE - Application Architect / Developer