Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com> on 2004/03/15 19:40:38 UTC

[forms] How to set validation message per-widget

Hello,

How do I set a validation fail message for a particular widget?

I know I can set the default validation message, say, for all widgets
that validate against a regexp.  But the user doesn't really need to
say "failed to validate against this regexp:" or whatever.  They need
to see "This field must contain a vaild postal code".

Thanks,
Mark

Re: [forms] How to set validation message per-widget

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Mar 15, 2004, at 10:40 AM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How do I set a validation fail message for a particular widget?

Found it, never mind...

<wd:familmessage>

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Taken from form1.xml:

<fd:regexp pattern="aRegExp">
   <fd:failmessage>Invalid IP address.</fd:failmessage>
</fd:regexp>

Joerg