Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raymond Fung <ra...@directcomm.com> on 2005/07/28 20:48:13 UTC

how to tell available connections within connection pool

Dear all,

It seems this question has been asked from time to time, but still no
one can give a concrete answer. Is it really impossible to query Tomcat
for the available connection threads inside the connection pool ? How
can I ensure my application will not have connection leaks ?

Regards,
Raymond Fung.

Problem with navigating a struts based webapp after logging in

Posted by Sujit Gangadharan <gs...@gmail.com>.
Hi
We have a struts based web application running under Tomcat 4.1.12. There is
this random issue that happens with certain users. The user logs in using
the domain name, say http://www.xyz.com, he gets redirected to
https://www.xyz.com. After the user logs in, he gets kicked out back to
login page when he selects any of the navigational links. ( Monitoring the
Tomcat console error messages told us that the session had expired).

The same user if he logs in with the IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx, he has no
problems. I have tried within my limited abilities to try to find out why
this happens so, but to no avail.

Also in certain cases, after a few days, the user is able to log in with the
domain name. I tried finding a pattern of users w.r.t the browser, OS etc,
but at this point it seems to be quite random.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks
SUJIT

Re: how to tell available connections within connection pool

Posted by Andre Schild <a....@aarboard.ch>.
Via JMX thiss is possible.
We for example look for numActive in

Catalina:type=DataSource,path=/,host=www.aarboard.ch,class=javax.sql.DataSource,name="jdbc