Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "timmy.storms" <ti...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/19 14:31:32 UTC

Dynamic menu component

Hi guys,

I recently started developing with the Wicket framework. Here's my first
(newbie?) question.

Please visit
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/DojoWiperMenuTutorial.

Is there any way to make this Wiper Menu more dynamic?
All our menu items are stored in a database so we can't know how many wicket
elements to specify in the java code/HTML file. Also, the depth for each
menu item is variable.

As you can see in the turorial, all menu objects are created in the WebPage
class (= not dynamic). The HTML file references these objects directly (=
not dynamic).

Thanks for giving me your thoughts! If you know another way of achieving
this, feel free to explain as well. :)

Re: Dynamic menu component

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.
Have you taken a look at org.wicketstuff.yui.markup.html.menu2?  I believe
this should meet your requirements.

This provides Menu, MenuBar, GroupMenu, and ContextMenu menu options.  It is
based on YUI not Dojo...but should not matter to you.

It is available in wicket-contrib-yui and has examples in the
wicket-contrib-yui-examples.