Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Vinayak Borkar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/16 07:41:22 UTC

Benchmarking VXQuery

Hi Preston,

I know that you have been spending a lot of time thinking about how best
to benchmark the performance of VXQuery at running queries on a cluster.
As Marvin pointed out, it would be a good idea to use this mailing list
to track progress and have discussions about ongoing work. So could you
please summarize your thoughts about datasets that you are planning to
use for the benchmark and also the workload of queries along with the
different configurations you intend running the system in order to
perform experiments? We can then continue the discussion on the mailing
list.

Thanks,
Vinayak

Re: Benchmarking VXQuery

Posted by Eldon Carman <ec...@ucr.edu>.
I think thats a great idea to include the mailing list in on this
discussion. I will start a few different e-mails to allow for discussions
on the different XML datasets and type of benchmark tests.